Elijah's World

A blog all about Elijah. Proud Mom and Dad are Melissa & Geoff.

Friday, November 19, 2004

New Experiences


I'm always joking with Melissa about how her being pregnant makes me think of the classic scene in Alien where the little alien pops out of the guys chest, while the people around him are helpless to do anything about it. Never have I felt more that way than last night. Just before we are about to fall asleep, Elijah begins his usual kicking routine. Melissa puts my hand on her tummy where he is kicking and I wait. WHOA! Not at all like the first time I felt it, this time it is serious. My hand is literally pushed up by his little feet. I think that Melissa must feel a little like a punching bag that works from the inside out. To make matters worse, this morning Melissa has a leg cramp and sits straight up in bed. I don't know what's going on until she tells me that she has a leg cramp. I try to rub her leg (picture the hardest thing you can imagine then multiply that by 2 and you'll get an idea of how tense the muscle was), but apparently that only makes it worse. So I'm pretty useless. Finally she is able to stretch it out and get back into bed, but it's 6:15 and I can't get back to sleep. Seems like this baby is intent on disrupting our sleep habits already. What a night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home