Elijah's World

A blog all about Elijah. Proud Mom and Dad are Melissa & Geoff.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Motherhood

So, I finished the book The Girlfriends' Guide To Pregnancy, and it was enlightening and frightening. Holy cow! I knew that giving birth was going to be painful, but I had no idea how messy it was going to be! I didn't really think much about all that my body was going to go through. The book had me laughing out loud (the people at Peet's must think I'm crazy), and I think I better make Geoff read it so the labor isn't such a shock to him.

I visited Motherhood Maternity today. My first visit into a maternity clothes store. I just wanted to see what they had. Everything looked so cute to me, and I had to remember what the book said about buying stuff that you think is cute in the store, but looks awful on you if you buy it. I'm not at the stage yet where I can buy maternity clothes, I'll likely wait until later in my 2nd trimester. I'm only at 10 weeks, so I have plenty of time. I am finding that some of my clothes are getting tight, and I am taking all opportunities to wear my tighter tops and form-fitting dresses.

I'm so glad that everyone is excited about the baby, family, & friends alike. Even the volunteers I work with at the museum are very excited for us.

We're working on cleaning out our stuff that we don't need to make room for baby stuff. The 2nd room/nursery may be a little cramped, but what can you do? We won't move into a new place, I mean they are lowering our rent, we'd be crazy to start all over somewhere else.

I guess that's it for an update. I feel great, it's been over a week and no more morning sickness. I am getting leg cramps in the middle of the night, but they aren't so painful. I am having weird dreams, but that's suppose to be normal. Well even if it wasn't normal, it's normal for me.

I should get started on my pregnancy journal since I have all this free time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home